Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Stellenbosch

So I've decided that Emma's domination of fourgirlsoneworldcup must come to an end...

Two nights ago my friend Robin and I went to Stellenbosch, a suburb about 45 minutes outside of Cape Town known for its wineries. The UCT Rugby Team was playing against Stellenbosch University; the two teams are huge rivals, so the game is a big event every year. A ton of students were expected to go and party in the town of Stellenbosch afterwards, so despite missing the game, Galen, Robin's friend from choir, and his friend Matthew offered to drive Robin and I to the after party. We got there at 10pm, just as the game was ending. It was totally worth it! Stellenbosch was exactly like a big 10 Collegetown in the states. Tons of kids were running through the streets in jerseys and face paint. All the bars and clubs were overflowing. Our crew decided to set up shop in this bar called Mystic Boer. The DJ was this 30-something year old woman rolling some sick American and Afrikaans beats while smoking a cigarette and flailing behind the booth.

The next morning I got an email from Emma saying "what is going onnn??? you sent me a SMS in Afrikaans last night, I thought you were dead." Turns out I had sent her a text message of the name of this Afrikaans song I heard at the bar: Die Antwoord-Zef Side. It is AWESOME, check it out...

Later lovies,
Juju

No comments:

Post a Comment