Monday, February 22, 2010

Adrenaline Rush




Along the coast of the Garden Route, somewhere in between Tsitsikamma National Park and Knysna, a small town most well known for its large elephant population, exists the highest bungee spot in the WORLD. I can remember now the exact feelings I had driving along the left side of the road in our rented Ford- shock meets nausea. Julie, Talya, and Anna were around me screaming of excitment and fear while all I could think was that I was prepping to jump to my death. I am definitely not a scaredy-cat, but I would not classify myself as a dare devil either. The idea of jumping off of a bridge hundreds of feet up with loose wires attached to my ankles is horrifying. To my surprise I did it. All I can remember is the feeling of my stomach shoved into my chest, mouth wide open, intense fear, and my body numb from adrenaline. For approximately one minute my body bobbed up and down hundreds of feet- I was the only person that existed in the world- a feeling of complete euphoria and aloneness. Upon completion of my jump I arrived back to a sturdy surface to be greeted by my cheering friends. For those who know me, it will come as no surprise that I cried and screamed ridiculous statements, literally feeling as though my life had just changed. I am the first one to admit that bungee jumping is beyond terrifying and anxiety-filled, but I have never experienced adrenaline like that. The experience continued to boggle all of our minds and came up in conversation at LEAST every hour for the next week...

thandi from africa,
emma

PS- posts from Anna, Julie & Talya to come very soon

No comments:

Post a Comment